The Handmaid's Tale reflection

I have really enjoyed this part of the module for a number of reasons. It's really nice to have the opportunity to actually create something I can use for my portfolio by the time I graduate, and overall I think I made a good piece of work that I am personally quite proud of. I think I successfully captured the style of the existing ENO posters whilst still making something unique that they haven't already done before. I have experience using Adobe Illustrator from my time in college, but it's been a little while since I've created something from scratch, and making the mock-ups in Photoshop was a nice touch, so it was great to revisit these skills.

It was really useful having all of the requirements and measurements set out for us. I like knowing exactly what is expected from me, so having a list of the exact measurements, resolution and format, as well as reference material made the process of making these designs an enjoyable and stress-free experience. I didn't realise how much I would actually enjoy this side of design and creativity, so I am looking forward to my next graphic design project. 

I think The Handmaid's Tale was a great choice to design for, because it has such striking visual imagery that can easily be adapted into a multitude of different designs. I know that each one of us will have something unique and different from each other. Doing some research on the book and the TV show really helped me figure out the tone and style that would be appropriate for my designs, so I am interested in seeing the ballet for myself to see how it compares to the other versions of the story. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CV, cover letter, gratitude letter

The Handmaid's Tale development