CV, cover letter, gratitude letter

I have found a particular vacancy with Rockstar games that has me really excited about the opportunity to work there, so I have decided to tailor my CV, cover letter and gratitude letter to fit this particular job description, and I will then actually submit an application. 

The vacancy is for a Junior Production Designer who would be responsible for overseeing the creation of digital assets and content using Adobe Creative Cloud. I would be perfect for this job so I am doing my best to write an appropriate cover letter as well as a CV that surpasses the ATS.

The ATS or Applicant Tracking System is a system that filters out CVs or resumes from other applicants. That is why I am tailoring my CV specifically for this job, by trying to include key words that are mentioned within the job description, such as "thrive under pressure" or "Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite". 

As for my cover letter, I have tried to make it stand out a bit by talking about my personal experience with Rockstar games to show that I am familiar with their company and their previous games. Just like my CV I am including keywords and phrases mentioned within the job description to show that I am confident and keen to apply for this particular job. 

For my gratitude letter, I have written a thank-you note that thanks the company for the experience to apply and interview, as well as recalling a conversation that I enjoyed in the interview. This helps the employer recognise my enthusiasm so that they may consider me for a role in the future. 

I have decided not to include lots of self branding and special colours and logos on these documents because I don't want my work to be stopped by the ATS. Therefore these documents are left simple.

Here is a link to the job description.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Handmaid's Tale development